Saturday, November 10, 2012

one last sloth...

It's 10:35 and I promised myself no bedtime until 11:00.
So I've got 25 minutes to wind down.
And I'm going to do it here.

The house is quiet, except for City of Colour coming through my IPOD. Blake's over at the Loth House, and I'm not sure what time he'll be back. This weekend's been so crazily busy, so hectic, but it's been good. Tomorrow I'm hoping to spend the evening doing absolutely nothing: after a trip to The Anchor and lunch at City BBQ, I'm hoping to spend a considerable amount of time consolidating notes I've been taking regarding colonization of the Americas in the 17th century. Monday gives birth to what will undoubtedly be another week full of its little surprises and chaos, but at least it's a short one for me: this next weekend I'll be in Dayton, watching the house and keeping Sky company while Mom & Dad go to a race or go on vacation, I'm not really sure which. The time away from the city should be therapeutic: doubtless there will be many trips to Starbucks, perhaps a rendezvous with Tyler, and I'm looking forward to turning on the fireplace and letting the living room get toasty while I lose myself in a book.

Twenty minutes to go.
We'll get through it, we really will. 
You will, too.

So sorry about all the sloths as of late. I've been on a "sloth binge", if you will, but the time for purging has come. Or, at least, it's come for this blog: I'm vowing no more sloths, at least for a while, and thus I'm tabling a series of posts cataloging the cutest baby sloth videos on Youtube. 


Wait. No.
You have to watch this one:
(it's a yawning baby sloth!)



So. Damned. Adorable.
Okay, done with the sloths. Promise.
Also, it's 11:00.
Because I got lost in some City and Colour.
Good night.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...