Monday, November 12, 2012

the 72nd week

Monday. Work. Was. Chaos. If there was ever a skeleton crew, today was it (that's for you, Ams). Ana called off because she was sick, so being the only other person trained to do her job, I had to switch to doing Food Prep. But that left a vacuum behind the counter that only Tiffany could fill. We were supposed to go to Serv Safe later this week, but since Tiffany lost a day of baking, that's been pushed back. End result: I've got Wednesday off work since all the shifts were filled anticipating our absence. Adding to the cluster-fuck was the US Foods order not getting to the store until 10:30 (four hours late), ad thus we had to unload the order amidst the lunch rush. I was thankful to get off work (albeit late), and I went to The Anchor before spending the night in watching Eastbound & Down and The Walking Dead with the usual crew: John and Brandy, Amos, Isaac, Andy, Blake, Ams and me. And Blayne, too. I keep forgetting he's there, he's so damned quiet.

Election Day. I worked 6:30-2:30, and then Ams joined me for my daily Anchor trip. She went out to dinner with Josh and I spent the evening hanging out with Mo. We got Rally's for dinner, and then Ams came over and we all watched the election unfolding. Obama won it, albeit by a hair. 

Wednesday. Sapping the day for all its worth, I did all those things I said I would do: two trips to The Anchor, Dusmesh and MW3 with Amos, and watching "Gattica" with Mo. (I didn't end up getting to hang out with Brandy). Also of note: started the application for Grad School. "Master of Arts in American History." 

Thursday. Work was a decent hop, and after a trip to The Anchor I hit up downtown for Date Night with Blake. We grabbed dinner and beers at Rock Bottom, cruised up to T.M. for drinks, and then saw the Damien Jurado show in the basement of the Taft Theater. The show was pretty great. Mo was there with some of her friends, funny how friend groups connect sometimes. At least her friends have good tastes: from what I hear, Damien stole the show. 

Friday. After work I jetted to The Anchor to do some reading before kicking off the weekend with Wendy's for dinner and an unofficial Tazza Mia party at the Loth House. Brandon, Sarah, and Jake showed up. Emily couldn't make it. Mo tagged along with me. John and Brandy were there, of course, and Amos, too. We played some drinking games and made Amos run the train. He was pretty much set for the night after that. Blake and Andy showed up, and of course with Andy's presence things got out of control. Brandy subdued us with coloring books and word puzzles. Just like we're children. Josh and Isaac came over, and as the evening wore on my body wore out, so I returned home to spend some time unwinding with Blake and Mo before going to bed. 

Saturday. I slept in and then joined up with Amos for lunch at Dusmesh. We spent the afternoon playing MW3, and Blake came to join us and we hiked over to The Anchor. I drank coffee and they had dinner. The rest of my evening was spent back at the Loth House. John and Brandy came home after a day of tire and grocery shopping, so we dined on Doritos and donuts and watched football and played NBA Jam. Andy came over and drank some moonshine, so after two shots he was pretty messed up. I got tired early and headed out around 10:00. Home by 10:30 (Clifton traffic was a mess) and in bed by 11:00. That's how I do it. 

Sunday. I went to The Anchor when I woke up, ran some errands, and enjoyed City Barbecue with Blake, Andy, and Ams. Barbecue, it turns out, is a native american invention: the natives of the Caribbean were the first to really perfect it. The afternoon was spent watching football, and I went to The Anchor yet again before rounding out the night with crackers, cottage cheese, and reading. High living right here.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...