Monday, April 29, 2013

the 20th week

Monday. DeJuan and I opened, a slow day. Blake, Ams and I hung out after work: Lie to Me and video games. I went to The Anchor to do some writing, and Monday Nights commenced: putting hairclips on Clover, Andy doing bat-sex renditions, and Mystery Men.

Tuesday. DeJuan and I opened again, and I spent the early afternoon hanging out with Blake before enjoying coffee at The Anchor before training with Isaac downtown at 5:00. Ams, Isaac, Dave and I got dinner at Rock Bottom, and Luke joined us when he finished brewing. Just my luck: my car broke down on the overpass, just straight-up stopped working. WTF? It's hardly noteworthy anymore. A cop set out flares and went on his way. Isaac stopped by but couldn't diagnose the problem. Ams was kind and kept me company until the tow truck arrived. I had it towed to Schermer's Garage. Fingers crossed and hope it's the spark plugs.

Dad's 51st Birthday. Sarah covered my shift today, seeing as my car's broken down and I am, yet again, stranded at Park Avenue. I spent the day writing and watching TV, doing laundry and reading. Hot dogs and mac-and-cheese for lunch. Ams came over to keep me company, and we played MW3 and watched episodes of SVU while dining on crockpot chicken, cream corn, and homemade mashed potatoes. The garage called me: broken timing belt. Not a cheap fix. $600-$1000, 'cause there's things in the way they need to fix. Not sure what I'm going to do. Every time I think I'm out of the woods, BAM!

Thursday. Isaac took me to work on his way to Chiquita. I went up to 1215 after work, grabbed an iced pale horse bourbon latte, chatted with Farmer Pat, and sat out on the patio reading. Amos saw me through the window on his way up Vine to go home, so he came over, got a pour-over, and we trekked back to his place for Mario-Kart. Isaac joined us, and we got Taco Bell for dinner. Isaac & I ran by Kroger on the way home. I missed House Church 'cause of the car fiasco. I considered scrapping the piece of shit, but I'm taking a gamble and hoping the fix can get my car running for at least another couple months, give me time to save up some money for a new one.

Friday. Isaac ferried me to and from work since my car's still in the shop. Mom, Dad, Ams and I celebrated Dad's 51st at Arthur's in Hyde Park. Sally burgers with avocado, bacon, and bleu cheese. It was delicious: I love discovering new joints here in town; unfortunately, someone else has to drag me there in the first place.

Saturday. An uneventful day: lots of reading and writing, watching SVU and World War 1 documentaries, and a few nice walks to UDF down the street. Blake was at Traci's and Isaac worked at 1215.

Sunday. Isaac and I went to The Anchor this morning. He got breakfast, I stuck with coffee. We spent the afternoon watching World War One documentaries and playing MW3. Blake returned from Traci's, and Ams came over. The four of us hung out for a while, and then Blake went to Traci's and Isaac went to see his parents. Ams and I spent the evening watching TV, playing COD, and eating homemade mashed potatoes.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...