Monday, April 01, 2013

the 16th week

Monday. Amos & I opened. We have Carew's old La Marzoca espresso machine (Bob sold the Synesso), and it was broken down all morning until Les & Ryan from the Espresso Guild came to fix it. I drove home through miserable snow and worked out for the first time in a LONG while. It felt really good. I headed over to the Loth House after an afternoon of The West Wing, and the usual suspects gathered together to watch The Walking Dead. It was great seeing Merle as a zombie, but it sure does suck for Darrell. Next week is the season finale!

Tuesday. Work was slow. Eric & Dave got into it, Dave trying to be a big-shot and making a fool of himself. "Welcome to my mornings," I mused. I spent the day indoors, out of the cold: reading, writing, watching The West Wing. Oh: I have a date tomorrow.

Wednesday. I had the day off, so I woke around 7:30, had McDonald's for breakfast, and spent the morning watching The West Wing and reading all about The French & Indian War. I went to The Anchor and then met up with my date, a cute girl named Bo. She was a cheerleader in high school and could be a model; and she loves classic literature and dinosaurs. We went to 1/2 Price Books and ran downtown, and I made her a drink. She likes classic macchiatos, good girl. We rounded out the night watching National Lampoon's "Christmas Vacation."

Thursday. Bo said she had a great time last night, so we'll probably be seeing each other again. Ams came over after work, and she and Isaac made stir-fry. When she left Isaac and I went across the street to the Happy Hollow. 

Good Friday. I worked 6:30-1:30, but being the holiday, we were pretty slow. So I left early. I headed downtown around 5:30 for Rock Bottom with Frank & Rebecca, Isaac, Andy & Ams. Frank, Rebecca and I retired to Amos' for an evening of hockey and wrestling with clover. John and Brandy were there, too. 

Saturday. Bo & I met up at Tim Horton's off 675, and I met her little boy Titus and we shopped for dino party supplies, and I gave her some of my figurines from Bunnell Hill. She showed me her house in New Carlisle, right up on a lake. We got a cute picture together (above). She went to dinner with friends and I headed down the street for Easter celebrations with Dad's side of the family. Gracie and Cate were there, and Matthew & Shelby's newborn was being shown off. Ams & I, we're the Black Sheep of our family: most of our cousins are engaged or married, with kids or kids in the near future. Everyone's always like, "So when are you going to be adding to the family?" It sucks that it's what I really, really want, I just can't seem to find anyone who wants that with me (and whom I want that with). 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...