Friday, April 05, 2013

the 17th week

The view from The Rookwood
April Fool's Day. Also Red's Opening Day, so downtown was flooded with red. Eric walked around Fountain Square handing out drink coupons, and I manned the bar as people flocked in for free small coffees. Dave lit a fire under Amos' ass, and luckily Amos had the resolve NOT to launch into a fist-fight. I spent the afternoon watching The West Wing and made a basil pesto reggato pasta dish with broccoli, mushrooms, green peppers, onion, garlic and chicken. Monday Nights mourned the end of The Walking Dead, and now we must wait until October for Season 4. Lame.

Tuesday. Frank & I opened with Dejuan on Food Prep. He isn't quite cutting it, so he's switching to barista and I'll be covering his Food Prep shifts. I napped after work and then headed back downtown for "training" with Dave & Isaac. Ams joined us for dinner and drinks at Rock Bottom. Brandon was there with his boyfriend ("His name's Anthony, too! You know I love me some Anthonys!"), so I finally got to meet him. I headed home and did some reading before Isaac and Ams headed over to round out the night in the living room.

Wednesday. I worked 6:30-1:30 and had an uneventful evening comprised of leftover pasta and The Hobbit. Also, I finished The West Wing.

Thursday. I worked 6:30-2:00, an unusually uneventful thursday. I had to park on an adjacent street from the apartment because of landscaping work. I took a nap and grabbed dinner from Subway, enjoyed it while watching Law & Order: SVU. I went over to Amos', and we played CoD2 and watched "Doctor Who." Bo's done a complete 180, no reason why. I'm not too concerned.

Friday. I had the day off; Isaac picked up my 6:30-1:30 for more hours. He's low since Carew got the chop. I went to The Anchor to do some writing, ran by work to do the USFoods order, and then I went on another date with another girl up in Mount Adams: we walked around Eden Park and then grabbed drinks and olives at The Rookwood. We parted ways and I met up with Amos at his place: we watched Wayne's World, played CoD2, and Frank and Rebecca stopped by.

Saturday. I was awake by 7:30 and grabbed some McDonald's for breakfast. I went to The Anchor for a bit, ran by the grocery, and spent the afternoon watching Law & Order: SVU. Caught up through Season Eight!

Sunday. I had some vivid zombie dreams last night, including one where my family sent Dad off on a run to draw the zombies away from our cars. I went to The Anchor to do some writing, and then Amos and I got Dusmesh. I spent most of the day at his place, watching games, playing games, frolicking with Clover and hanging out with John & Brandy. The rest of my night was spent back home with Ams, watching Son in Law and Taken 2 while feasting on Cheezits and Oreos.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...