Sunday, April 21, 2013

the 18th week

You can never have too many photos of Indian food.
Monday. I had the day off (four day weekend!), so I slept in till 9:00, had McDonald's for breakfast, and spent the afternoon watching SVU and playing video games with Blake. Around 4:00 I went to The Anchor to do some writing. Traci came over to see Blake, and we fixed mushroom-swiss burgers for dinner. Monday Nights was cancelled: Brandy's come down with bronchitis and an ear infection. So Ams came over to our apartment, and we watched "The Pacific" and "The Perks of Being a Wallflower." It made me really miss high school.

Tuesday. I worked 6:30-1:15 and had training with Isaac: mastering the perfect espresso pull. Bo called me, told me that she realized she wasn't ready to be exclusive, but that she doesn't just want to date around. "Hell of a pickle," I told her. I'm not really too invested, I figured we weren't seeing each other again.

Wednesday. I opened with Isaac and helped Brandon make a coffee delivery to The Rookwood, and then we hung out at his loft for a while. Ams came over when I got home, and we made cheeseburgers and mac-&-cheese and spent the evening watching The Dog Whisperer.

Thursday. I worked 6:30-12:45, spent the afternoon writing, and then headed over to Amos' around four to play video games before the kick-off of Thursday Night Small Group with Amos, the Rileys, and the Tomeos. We had some awesome spaghetti and meatballs, gourmet cookies with gourmet coffee, and we played Apples to Apples.

Friday. I worked 6:30-12:30 and spent the afternoon watching "The Pacific" and napping. I got dinner from Subway and finished "The Pacific." Blake's in Gatlinburg with Traci, Amos and Isaac are in North Carolina, so it should be a quiet weekend.

Saturday. Ams, Josh and I got Dusmesh for lunch, and when we showed up we saw Andy was there solo, so we pulled up chairs. Ams & I headed over to the Loth House to hang out with John, Brandy, and their pal Josh. We played Mario-Kart on the Wii, and then Ams and I headed north to Dayton, with the windows rolled down and US Royalty blaring. We grabbed dinner at La'Rosa's with Mom & Dad, and then Mom, Ams and I joined a paranormal investigation with Shadow Hunters at Harmon Hall in downtown Lebanon: K2 devices and ghost boxes picked up a lot of stuff, but despite my belief in ghosts, I was super skeptical and still am. I know no other way to be.

Sunday. I went to The Anchor for a bit and ran by 600 to do tomorrow's order. Brandon was there working on catering, it was good to see him. I spent the afternoon cleaning, writing, reading, and watching TV. Ams came over, bearing the gift of Penn Station, and we watched TV until late in the night. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...