Saturday, February 22, 2014

from blue ash (II)

I'm relaxing on the sofa in Blue Ash while Jason and I watch Jumanji for the third time in a row. I really used to like this movie. It's only 9:00 and already I'm feeling pretty exhausted with three more hours to go before I get to go home and crash in the warmth of my Hobbit Hole. I'm greatly looking forward to it.

We've had awesome warm weather these last few days.
Wednesday was in the 60s.
Today's high: 66!
The cold weather returns next week.
*Grrrr*

Mandy is on a "Winter Retreat" in the Wisconsin hinterland, virtually out-of-contact. She did call me for a bit today while looking for a student who lost herself in the woods while skiing, and it made me perk up more-so than the coffee I was sipping at The Anchor. It seems crazy, but even though she's always "out of town" 497 miles away, I especially feel like she's out of town this weekend. It seems my heart is already in Ripon even though my body continues to function here in Cincinnati.

Speaking of Mandy, we're going to be hanging out this time next week on the fringes of Chicago. I'll be meeting some more friends of hers, as well as her brother and mother (whom I've already met back in 2009, but it's been a while...). I don't yet know any of the "details" beyond that, but that's okay: I'll be glad just to be with her in person again, to sit beside her, to hold her hand, to kiss her forehead. Those are small things that may seem trivial to some, but they mean so much to me. 

I would write more, but I'm just so tired.
I'm going to close with an epic photobomb:


No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...