Monday, February 17, 2014

postscript: wisconsin

I have small eyes in photos. This is an example of overcompensation.

My extended weekend in Ripon, Wisconsin went really well, and it was exciting to get to know lots of important people in her life, people I've heard about but had never met. It's wonderful to be able to put faces to names and integrate, albeit slowly, into Wisconsin life. The greatest part of the weekend, of course, was spending it the Wisconsinite, and the weekend made me all the more confident about moving up there whenever the move pans out. Although I'm not sure about all the "details" about how I'm going to get up there and what-not, I'm trusting in God and His providence, learning to rest in that trust and to experience "a peace which transcends all understanding." The weekend's over, but I'll get to see her again in two weekends; we're meeting up in Chicago, and I'll get to meet her family (at least those who live there). Now it's back into the swing of things: work, work, work, and more work. Work is a blessing, and there's joy in the labor, and every shift is more money put down towards my eventual move to the frigid north. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...