Thursday, February 13, 2014

On Election & Predestination


I’ve been studying Calvinism and Arminianism a lot over these past several weeks, especially the subjects of election and predestination. My take has differed from both Calvinism and Arminianism for quite a while, and I feel more solid about it after the study. This approach has been called “Corporate Election,” and I think it makes far better sense of predestination and election than the approaches of either Calvinism or Arminianism. Here it is as a Scribd document, for those who care to take a gander. This take may or may not be closer to “reality” than Calvinism or Arminianism, but I think it makes better sense of the text and is faithful to the context of early Christianity and the atmosphere in which the New Testament was written. 


* This document was published quite some time ago, but I've reworked it to include some new material. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...