Monday, October 04, 2004

No one understands. Good motives get drowned in legalistic yellow tape. You try to reach out and help someone and unless you completely surrender your entire life to that one person, you're labeled a helpless sinner and someone who 'disappoints' others. Sometimes I wonder what's the point of trying to help at all? You try to help, you screw one thing up, and the world is stuffing vomit down your throat. Tell me, how bad is it to want to be alone every once and a while? After all, solace is a key part to every living being. It's how God made us. We all want peace and tranquility and rest and relaxation. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in reaching out that we blind ourselves to the facts. This will lead do a stumble and fall later on. If you want to rush into something without even considering the hardcore facts, go ahead. Chances are, you'll fail and make a mess of things. Yet that's exactly what some people want to do. Jump in headfirst; ignore any dirty facts, because they're uncomfortable. Well, they're still facts. Say what you want, but if you don't acknowledge them now, you're going to have to acknowledge them later and it will be ten times as hard. I want to help. I really do. We're called to help our brothers and sisters in Jesus. And I feel God pressuring me in that direction. But He's also telling me to not ignore the facts. Don't abandon the effort because of the facts, just don't overlook the facts. That's not wisdom; overlooking the essentials, as nitpicky and gritty as they may be, will lead to destruction. I've seen it in my own life. I am trying not to make these mistakes again, but I'm just getting yelled at and scolded and called 'disappointing' b/c of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally know how your feeling man...it's so hard sometimes when all you do is try to help. People label you as a hypocrite or are mad at you for trying to help. It sucks because noone understands sometimes...sometimes I just want to stop everything that i'm doing. I ask my freinds if they want to come to my youth group...then i get a cold response, them telling me to let them do it on their own. I just sometimes feel like quitting. God does something different for you when this happens....He brings a circle of freinds and supporters that you may not even know are praying for you. They talk to God desperately praying for you not to lose faith and to keep on telling people about God. Dont lose the faith man..it gets really tiring and annoying sometimes, but God is pleased with you.
Later

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...