Sunday, October 03, 2004

Patience is wearing thin. I used to think patience meant being able to wait in a line at PKI without complaining. I know that is not the case; real patience is being able to look past the dirt and grime and immature and stupid and see things and people how they really are. Satan has really been grabbing me at this area in the last couple of days. It's beginning to avalanche. Today I just wanted to go on a rampage and beat the crap out of someone but I didn't; that isn't me, and those feelings vanished after I refused to give in. It's not big things tearing these walls of patience down, but small things. Things like friends who hit and slap you, friends who joke and tell everyone you're not straight, friends who ostracize you as a joke but everyone thinks you're a loser and doesn't want to hang out with you. I know these friends don't think anything of it. I know they're not doing it to be mean. These are my best friends. But after weeks and weeks of me telling them to stop, first softly and then more harshly, to the point of me on the verge of blowing up at church, I don't know what to do. Granted, a lot of them are fresh high-schoolers, so they aren't the most mature in some areas (like I am :-)) and others are just mean without knowing it. They don't listen. Do they ever? It's all EATING MY BRAINS OUT!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Immaturity can be tough because the individual acting immature may think he/she is just "being themselve". When people make fun of or teardown others it is usually because a: they are jealous, or b: by putting someone else down they think they make themselves look better. In both cases, the one doing the "put-down" is the one who has the problem.

Best to continue to be a positive example, pray for patience, and pray for them to mature.

Rochelle said...

I'll be praying for you too Anthony I think you've got some tough decisions to make with these "friends" Friends are to build you up not tear you down You may need to take a break from them for awhile if you've already confronted them and they're not listening They need to grow up & You deserve better

darker than silence said...

They don't make the jokes when I'm not around. It's always when I'm around, hence the "Anthony jokes."

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...