Thursday, October 14, 2004

As I was driving through Franklin today, I looked at all the leaves: rose and golden and saphhire and burgundy, littering the street. Isn't Fall wonderful? It's my favorite season. Fantasy Football. Student Revolution. Listening to the gentle rain and feeling a chilly breeze. Breath fogging as you walk out to the Jeep. But Fall means so much more to me than just its aescetics. It is a reminder of the Story. It reminds me that once things were warm and vibrant and alive-summer. We fell because of our sin, and that wonderful summer began to fall apart. Leaves fall. Grass browns. The air grows cold. In the Fall we were cast down from castles and manors, dethroned monarchs banished to wander about the cold snow-drifts of winter. To me, the world we live in now is the winter. Dry. Desolate. Bleak. Never seems to end. But one day you look around and you see such COLOR! And the world springs to life! Flowers blooming, trees bursting, springshowers and laughter. I believe the four seasons are God's reminder to us; not only of where we came from, but where we're going. There will come a day when winter is gone, and we step into spring. Then winter will be no more, and we will live for eternity in Paradise.

5 comments:

Rochelle said...

Fall is my favorite time too Anthony :)

Unknown said...

Winter is better! :)

Rochelle said...

Winter in Ohio is not better Tyler It's gray and cold !
:( Yuk Maybe Colorado or better yet California :)

Anonymous said...

Anth,

When I run I often find myself talking to God (between huffing) and He communicates back. Yesterday as I ran through the woods to North Park, the path was covered by yellow Maple leaves. God reminded me of Heaven as I thought "this looks just like a street of Gold".

Dad

Anonymous said...

Anth,

This is my favorite time of year. The leaves, the wind, the approaching of Winter. God clears out the old and ushers in the new. We are truly blessed to witness the colors God has given us.
Mom

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...