Sunday, October 24, 2004

Today another step has been taken. I continue to move forward, not by my own skill or talent, but by the grace and power of God. I remember when God told me, "Go," and not knowing exactly where Go meant, I said, "All right." First friendships were forged, alliances engraved in steel. Deep, personal, intimate friendships. Then God led me to start talking about spirituality with my friends. Next He called me to lead a Small Group for a couple friends. Time has swept me up in a whirlwind of confusion, and half an hour ago I stood back at the computer with my gut screaming anticipation. Nervousness tore me apart, and ironically Jeff's worship music seemed to revolve around God taking us over and living through us. It built up my confidence, and I prayed with several friends. I had practiced four or five times, and every time was rittled with breaks and shortcoming and jaggedness, filthy. I knew I couldn't do it. But when the time came, I didn't even have to look at my note card that much, and the words came like water. Nice.

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

Anthony
I wish I had been there I heard ( from Kristen) that you did a great job God is obviously working in you
I hope I'm there the next time I know there will be a next time :) Tell Jeff he needs to tape Student Rev messages like they do Rogers Sun Am messages

Doug Hill said...

brother anthony,

there is talk of how well you communicated the Gospel. i am continually impressed. you are truly growing into the potential God has created for you. i'll be up in your balcony cheering you on always. your biggest fan.

your mentor,
dougie

Anonymous said...

You know you did good....I wish my words could flow like that sometimes. Its a good first step towards wwho you wan to be. Keep being strong Anthony and encourage others to do the same.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...