Sunday, October 10, 2004

Today my sister and I jumped in the van and drove to West Chester for a New Life underground plant church. I didn't know what to expect, but I was BLOWN AWAY. The worship was intense and cryptic, the mood was dim and reverent, it was a total blown-out postmodernism spree, which is the way I think the church - Big C - must go, or in the end, die. Of course this is a huge topic and I am too tired to write much more. But I just wanted all of you to check out this happening Saturday nights at 6:30. If you want directions, either comment for a request and I'll send them in, or just talk to Doug Hill. Mike Box showed up, too, and played bass while Doug led worship.

Let me tell you what is so awesome about this gathering- you'd think it was the mood, the atmosphere, the postmodernism, but it's not - it's the fact that the people leading are REAL and PASSIONATE, not consumers of God but consumed by God. I hope to be that way someday. I am often so much a consumer that I don't even realize it. But check it out. I will be going back next week for sure, hopefully with some friends tagging along. It was nice to talk to Doug in person once again - I've talked to him nearly every week by AIM, but haven't seen him for almost two years since today. Today he reminded me what it's all about - God and community, and that's what New Life underground is all about.

"We have been consumers of worship, when all the while we were supposed to be consumed by worship."
- Louie Giglio ("Consume" Thirsty Conference 2004)

1 comment:

Tom said...

Ant: You are awesome bro! From what I hear, you might be selling yourself short. God has and is using you. Glad to finally meet you bro! Hope we meet again...soon!

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...