Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Rebuilding the Temple

You are witnessing a milestone. A milestone in my life as a human being, in every aspect, with no stone left unturned. I believe God has been pressing me to 'rebuild the Temple' of my life. I believe He is calling me to inspect the walls, and to make adjustments where needed, or in the extreme case, tear a wall or two down and completely rebuild. I know this is not an overnight adventure, no three-meal-and-penance exploration. I admit I don't have a lot of it - most of it - figured out yet. I pray that God will reveal to me the cracks in the mortar, and unstable foundations.

"Or didn't you realize that your body is a sacred place, the place of the Holy Spirit? Don't you see that you can't live however you please, squandering what God paid such a high price for? The physical part of you is not some piece of property belonging to the spiritual part of you. God owns the whole works. So let people see God in and through your body." - 1 Corinthians 6:19,20, The Message

I believe I already have the blueprint for the revisions, the blueprint for the remodeling. This 'blueprint' came from the mouth of Jesus when He said, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, strength and soul." To rebuild the Temple of the Spirit that is my body, I must hit all four of these parts, each and every one just as spiritual as the next. I can't pay attention to my soul without paying attention to my strength (physical self). I can't pay attention to the heart and neglect the mind.

I pray that God will move in me, make a wonderful work out of me, and I plead you to pray, also.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes we need a rebuilding of the soul. Sometimes we need to examine our hearts. We look at our lives and all we see is sin. God says I can fix that. God can heal our wounds..or cure our sickness. But we have to be submissive.

Rochelle said...

I think we all need to look at ourselves and do some remodeling or rebuilding I'm praying for you Anthony

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...