Wednesday, September 14, 2005



Here I sit in Panera Bread Company, listening to Straylight Run on my brand-new Sony CD Walkman. I bought the lime color because it reminds me of David Crowder's Lime CD, not to mention it was ten dollars cheaper than the black edition.

Today marks my first full month being a resident at Cincinnati Christian University. At the beginning, part of me doubted whether or not this was really the place for me. I think the boredom of Early Week and the fact that nobody was here (loneliness) factored in. But I continued to hear God tell me, "Just wait, okay? Just wait." I waited and now I am confident in my position a
nd pursuit of my dreams. One of my greatest fears was leaving the Jr. High ministry behind me when I came to C.C.U. I love those kids and enjoyed working with them; the thought of abandoning them after only three months was a painful one. I am thankful that I am being priviliged with teaching class for them on Sundays.

Two friends and I drove down here to get some homework done, and I am thankful to have my English rough draft and my Acts of the Apostles paper done. At least, like I told a friend in the dorms, it's not algebra. My friends are still working so I hijack the wifi and plan on writing the second chapter of my romantic tragedy.

4 comments:

Adam said...

Straylight Run is pretty good - although no song on that CD compares to the Existentialism on Prom Night song that's on there.

Anonymous said...

Anth,

I thought Straylight Run was the CD "stuck" in the Jeep?

dad

darker than silence said...

It's one of their songs on a mixed CD. The CD is still stuck in the Jeep :)

Can you try to fix that before I take it to college, please :-)

Adam, I wholeheartedly agree. I think that song proves that beauty is not just something you see.

Dylan said...

I'm glad it worked out for ya man. I'm still trying to deal with some problems back home with a person...Could you pray for me.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...