Thursday, September 29, 2005

I was having an AIM conversation when someone asked me, and I paraphrase, "If someone asked you why you were a Christian, why you believe what you believe, what would you tell them?" And in reply I said, "I would quote C.S. Lewis:"

"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun is risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else."

It is through Christianity, through God's revelation to mankind, that the entire world, from its conception to its present age, from astronomy to science and philosophy and religion, from the things we see and things we don't, it is in Christianity that I can see everything clearly. This is what has drawn me personally into Christianity, not to mention that Christ, to me, is so beautiful and perfect and wonderful that no fallen human mind could've invented Him; He has to be original and authentic. The beauty of Christ and the perfect, logical sense that Christianity makes, even in all of its mystery, is what draws me to the heart of God.

1 comment:

darker than silence said...

One point I forgot to add: it is Christ who has continued to change me into a creature of His image, and it is Christ who has made me feel whole and truly alive.

This is perhaps the greatest reason I am in love with Christ.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...