Wednesday, September 28, 2005

There are some things about this world that just don't make sense to me, no matter how hard I try to understand them. Some things just boggle my mind and I find my hands clenching into fists and my voice rising heavenwards, asking, "Why? Why? Why?"

Why are those who want to take advantage of girls and fake divine affection just so they can have sex with them so successful so much of the time, when those who really want to treat girls right, want them to know they're beautiful, and want to love them with service and sacrifice and selflessness left to dream empty dreams? Here on campus I have met those from both parties, and the party with corrupt intentions, the party who cheats and steals and lies and abuses the desires of romance that girls have, this corrupt party is thronged with girls. Those in the latter party, including me and many of my friends, we who wish to give girls what they desire and what they deserve, are forced to watch as girls are abused and turned into hollow shells by the senseless acts of 'affection' graced upon them.

How come we who have the best of intentions are always misread, and often treated like dirt for no reason? How come we show so much love and are returned so very little? And how come, to those you've shown agape love, they thank you by turning that love into a contract and using it against you?

How come we Americans live in ignorance so much of the time? How come we drive fancy cars and eat fancy food and think only of football when there is genocide, civil war, and thirty thousand children dying every day of starvation in our world? How come we are so materialistic and lust after having this-or-that and thinking, "Hey, if I had this in my possession, my life would be complete!" Ironic how we say that a day after our life-fulfillment should've taken place. It just amazes me that I can be so materialistic in this world.
I spend my time building up a cozy little nest-egg of sorts and refuse to think about life outside my little box. It really is pathetic.

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

Anthony
I can tell you that there are girls out there who are saying "Why is it that guys are only interested in girls for sex..Where are the guys who will love me for who I am not what I look like" You just haven't met them yet Trust me they are out there and they are looking for someone who will treat them right, let them know they're beautiful and love them unconditionally

Anonymous said...

Both Anthony and Rochelle are seeing things as they really are. God has given you a gift. That is, to care. Many people do not. We live in a pagan society that cares only for power and its abuse...victimize before you become the victim...that sort of thing. It is not confined to one sex, but guys tend to be more open about it. Remember, we are called to greater things.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...