Thursday, November 02, 2006

I have class in five minutes, so I will try to make this short.

One of my friends confessed, "I have feelings for you." I played with the idea of dating her, but decided it would not be a good idea because, simply, I do not have feelings for her. She is a wonderful, fantastic, God-fearing girl, but the marrow of the bone is that I am not attracted to her in a romantic sense.I had the unfortunate experience of telling her, "I don't have romantic feelings for you. I am sorry." We are still friends, and for that I am thankful. Now I know, I guess, how it feels to be where Julie was two-three weeks ago!
    Studying the prophet Isaiah is hard. His work is so complex! All the issues surrounding the text don't make things easier ("Who wrote it?" "When was it written?" "Were parts of it copied from 2 Kings or vice versa?"). However, I really do enjoy studying it despite its difficulties. I am excited about (and dreading) the study of the prophet Ezekiel. I read it once and nearly died from confusion. We'll see how it goes the second time around.
      One of my professors said today, "Jesus was a liberal." Lots of students got really offended. It was beautiful.
        And I am late for class.

        No comments:

        where we're headed

        Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...