Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Julie convinced me to go to chapel today; Dr. Faust spoke on Matthew 6, specifically on not worrying. He said something I really found inspiring: "For those of you who worry about finding a mate, God knows your need, and He will provide for you what you need so long as you seek first Him and His kingdom." Have I been seeking first God's kingdom, or have I been seeking first my own? All too often my selfishness gets in the way; I find myself trying to somehow placate God into giving me what I want. I think we are all guilty of this; it is human nature. God understands this, and He still loves us despite what He sees in our hearts.

Christmas is coming, and I need to start thinking of ideas. Here's what I've kind of came up with (so far), and they're all movies: The Matrix Trilogy, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, and The Blade Trilogy (all widescreen edition DVDs, of course!). I would also like Augustine's "The City of God." I am still reading through "The Confessions," and today I read some of the Apocrypha (the Wisdom of Solomon, and the Wisdom of Jesus Son of Sirach). Pretty good stuff, I'm not even going to lie. Am I a heretic for saying that? Perhaps!

This week has been going really well. I really enjoyed yesterday, but today I have to write one paper and do research for another, and I doubt that will be extremely exciting. Oh well.

I've picked up a good book I want to read: "What Now?" It's a book that deals with lots of the circumstances with the adult life and how to deal with them with God's help and guidance. It should be a good one.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...