Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Life has been good. We're almost done with studying the prophet Isaiah in O.T. Prophecy, and my postmodernism paper in Advanced Communications went well. I have to write a paper tonight on the parousia described in 1 Thess 4.13-18; it should be a really good paper, I've learned a lot, and I plan on studying the other major prophecies regarding the parousia (perhaps with exception to Revelation, for it's so hotly debated to as exactly what it is about!). Tomorrow evening I am going to write next week's lesson on the prophet Amos and social injustice, and Friday I work but have no class. It will be great.

On Tuesday my alarm went off an hour late for class, so I missed it. Tim was supposed to call me at 8:00 to make sure I would not be late four our 8:30 class, but he did not. I think this is either my third or fourth missed, but Tim insists that it's my fifth, and we are only allowed to miss four days of class. I'll find out tomorrow if I've been dropped. If I have been, I will ask for re-enlistment and try to talk him into letting me back in. This is one of my favorite classes, and it's needed to take one of my classes next semester, so I don't want to miss that. But if it's dropped... Oh well. I've only missed days for sickness, so I can't say that I was just a lazy procrastinator. Sometimes bad luck just hits us in the face.

Here is my schedule for next semester:

1) Introduction to Paul & the N.T. Letters (Smith, the Aussie)
2) Introduction to the Gospels (Weatherly)
3) Basic Bible Doctrines (Pressley)
4) Modern Ethical Problems (Pressley)
5) The Life of David (Dyke)
* "Prayer and Spirituality" (an early week class I hope to talk my parents into letting me take!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with your alarm and the alarm on your phone!!! Mom

Ffej said...

Tell Jamie (Smith) that Jeff Thomas says hello.

Jamie and I graduated undergrad and grad school together.

He is a smart guy! We used to say that the Aussies ruined the curve in Greek class for the rest of us.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...