Monday, November 06, 2006

I expected at least one comment on my "controversial" last post, but that's okay. Not everyone has an interest in theology like I do. I need to remember that.

My weekend went well. Friday night I watched "The Matrix" and "Batman Begins." On Saturday, a bunch of my friends came over and we relaxed outside and went to the Garage to hang out. Saturday night Hague and Chris spent the night; we watched "28 Days Later" and listened to music online. Hague and I had a really good conversation about heaven, hell, the universe, aliens, and everything in-between. On Sunday I taught the lesson on Jonah, picked up my contacts, hung out with Hague, Chris, and Dewenter at my place, then Julie picked me up and took me back to campus. "I can finally say that I like being your friend more than I liked dating you." This has been quite liberating. I went to O'Charley's with Jessica, and she bought me a big jug of mints to help me quit smoking.

I have spent my day thus far working, going to class, and doing some extra study on Hosea and Joel. I plan on studying a little more on Amos later, perhaps tonight. Jess and I might be going out tonight, but I don't know.

I heard a great quote the other day. "Eve may have been deceived into sin, but Adam sinned with his eyes wide open."

Many of my friends (Kyle, Nate, Andrew, Lizzie, Emily, and some others) were in Florida all last week for the soccer national championship. The boys placed fifth and the girls placed fourth. Nevertheless, it was well worth it, as this astounding photograph (taken by Heather) shows:





No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...