Friday, October 26, 2007

another day at the Hilltop Cafe

Most days at the coffee shop are generally uneventful. But today wasn’t too bad. It started off with Isaac and Katie arguing about perceptions of reality—and Isaac’s quote, “This occurrence of reality is the most annoying occurrence of reality that I have ever experienced” still makes me laugh. Manny came up to the bar and asked for an in-house water with a side of cocaine. I gave him his water and said, “Your cocaine will be at the end of the bar.” A few moments passed, and I called him over. He leapt off the couch and curiously approached, only to find Katie bent over and snorting his fresh cocaine (thanks to twin packets of coffee sweetener):


Isaac and Katie left, and so I amused myself behind the bar. Several friends came by, and we chatted. Boredom began to overcome me, so I swiped my card through the register and ordered an iced caramel macchiato. Five minutes later, I produced a fantastic drink, which Cassie displays so vibrantly:


The Hilltop can be fun, every now and then.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...