Thursday, October 18, 2007

life continues...

Sarah and I went to Rabbit Hash yesterday. It’s a small town in Kentucky along the Ohio River, a hotspot for bikers, with a dinky general store and a hick bar. They actually elected a dog as mayor! We then went back to her place, and I met her dementia-ridden grandpa. He is crazy and hilarious. He always talks about the war, and he is convinced I’m a 16-year-old lady. I think it might be my long hair? I stayed there till 1:30 in the morning and didn’t get back to campus till 2:00.


I went over to Isaac’s place today. We sat on his back porch and looked out at the city as the first storm-clouds rolled in (right now we’re in a thunderstorm watch; there are tornadoes stretching all the way from Michigan to Kentucky). We talked about God, philosophies of life, girls, and everything in between. It was a good time.

Amanda is home for the weekend. I get to see her tomorrow!


I am trying to stay optimistic despite the pain. It’s hard some days, especially at night, in the quiet, where memories slip into my mind and wreak havoc. I escape through my writing, but that escape only lasts until my brain fries for lack of ideas.


I want to move to Alaska, live there for a year, then come back. Take a break from life. But we can’t do that, now, can we?

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...