Monday, May 18, 2009

the lehman house [2]

Monday. I went to the Hilltop to hammer out my Romans final and Mandy K. kept me company. I ate a wrap for lunch, and Bethany came over for a bit. My Gospel of Mark exam went well. Sarah got back from work and we made quesadillas for dinner. I went to the Hilltop to hang out with Klink and Jessie. I played two games of ping-pong with Ashley McJilton. Isaac's spending the week at the house to get homework done. We drank bourbon and smoked cigarettes and talked about sacrifice.

Tuesday. I went to the Hilltop and knocked out ten papers for Genesis 1-11. I'm a MACHINE. I went to Barnes & Noble at Newport on the Levee and bought "The Office: Season Four." Ams and I watched a few episodes, and then I went to Kroger before heading to school to finish up more schoolwork. I spent the evening watching TV and Jessie came over.

Wednesday. I worked till 1:00 and then cleaned out Room 137 in Restoration. Check-out date is tomorrow. I ate lunch and worked on Biblical Protology, a book I need to read and analyze by tomorrow. I cleaned my room, did dishes, and then Jessie and I started studying for our Geology exam tomorrow. Kevin, Bethany, and Zack came over. I went to the Hilltop, and Julie B. and I went up into the chapel and talked for a long time. 

Last Day of Senior Year (I). I went to school and studied Geology with Sarah G. The final SUCKED. Dyke and I talked for a while in his office; he said I should date Jessie. Haha. She's like a sister to me. Mykaela was at the house when I got back. I napped for a bit, moved more stuff from 137. The check-out date was pushed back till tomorrow. Monica was at the Hilltop, so I went to hang out with her. 

Friday. I finished cleaning out Room 137 and then worked 1-5:30, a grueling shift of cleaning. I joined Deshay and we moved some of her stuff into our garage storage. I went to Wal-Mart to get clothes for tomorrow's catering shift. Sa-Rah, Mandy K., Deshay and Rebecca R. came over to watch "Happy Feet." Gambill came by to give Deshay his old camera. He's head-over-heels for the Venezuelan, and it's killing him. Kinda like me and Mandy K. 

Saturday. I worked 9-3:30 catering with Katie, Sarah G., Betsy, and Julie B. My legs were killing me afterwards. We worked the graduation. I missed Mandy K. walking with her associates. I didn't mind missing the rest of it, though. Sorta depressing: "This was supposed to be MY graduation!" I went to Dayton and worked on my sermon for tomorrow. Julie thanked me for hearing her out the other night: "You really are wonderful."

Sunday. My sermon went really well. "The Christian Hope." Kyle wasn't there; he's up north with his sick grandpa. I ate lunch with Dad and returned to Cincinnati. I played XBox for four hours before Monica decided to swing by. Lots of laughter and good times: she's in town until the 31st. Mandy K. stopped by before heading back to Chicago. We hugged, and she thanked me for "everything." I was REALLY sad when it hit me: she's gone. That chapter of my life ends. Another begins. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...