Thursday, May 28, 2009

zombie movies

I rented two zombie movies from Blockbuster: “Quarantine” and “Diary of the Dead.” “Quarantine” was fantastic. The acting was great, the plot quick-moving (though a slow start), and it was eerily similar to a prologue I contemplated writing for Dwellers of the Night back in the day (though this movie’s infection was based upon rabies whereas the culprit in my novel is a mutated strain of malaria). “Diary of the Dead” was pathetic, a waste of time, and I say that with great pain in my heart. Romero was the one who cultivated the zombie phenomenon (though true kudos go to Richard Matheson with his short story I Am Legend, which actually inspired Romero into the world of zombies), and so I expected more from the film. The dialogue was ridiculous, the acting horrible. Sarah shouted, “I could act better than them!” And she probably could.

 

Zombies. Zombies. ZOMBIES! Why do I love them so much?

I have a good idea for a zombie novel.

It would only be around one hundred fifty pages.

I’ll probably never write it.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...