Sunday, May 24, 2009

ahhh, zombies!

I enjoy zombie dreams very much. In the early summer months, I am always stricken with insomnia. Most people try to count sheep to fall asleep, but I pretend that there are zombies outside the house trying to get inside, and I fall asleep quite peacefully. During my sermon today, I told the congregation, “I’m a freak—I love dreaming about zombies.” Last night I had a series of interconnected zombie dreams, though the dreams were focused not on the initial outbreak but the months following the mass extermination of zombies and rebuilding. On the outside it looked normal, but within the dream, there was an entire history of a zombie pseudo-apocalypse. Since I finished Dwellers of the Night, I am itching to start writing again. Perhaps fate will bring me back to the zombie genre, but who can tell? In the words of Michael Scott, “Who knows how words are formed.”

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...