Saturday, June 15, 2013

[Get The Led Out]

Last night Dad and I went to the Fraze Pavilion to see The American Led Zeppelin, a Led Zeppelin cover band going cross-country on their "Get the Led Out" tour. 

I had my doubts: being a big Led Zeppelin fan, I knew I'd be a sort of perfectionist when it came to the cover band. My doubts crumbled as the show started: the music was flawless and the lead singer's voice all but perfectly replicated Plant's. They played several of my favorites, and it was breathtaking to be experiencing them live rather than digitally. Here are some of the songs they played:


Can't Quit You, Baby
Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
Dazed and Confused
Going to California
Battle of the Evermore
Ramble On
Misty Mountain Hop
Moby Dick
Kashmir
Whole Lotta Love
The Lemon Song
Traveling Riverside Blues

We got lucky: tickets were only $5 for the show at the Fraze, but the tour's other shows crank the price up to $30. I definitely want to see them again; maybe next year they'll play Good Times Bad Times. A two hour slot is in no way enough time to play all of Led Zeppelin's hits, so of course Dad and I knew we'd be left wishing we'd heard this or that song. I lucked out: most of my favorites were played. Dad was pretty bummed he didn't get to hear Good Times Bad Times, though. 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...