Saturday, June 22, 2013

#birdsofsteel


It's somewhat sad how I'm so into Birds of Steel. I've always adored flying games: when stress hit the fan in college, I'd escape through Microsoft Flight Simulator 4. Birds of Steel is the epitome of aviation greatness, rolling all those things I love into one package: flying, vintage planes, history, and excellent graphics. The thing I want to do most when I get home from work is to take to the skies: to bomb Battleship Row in Pearl Harbor, to counter German bombers in the Battle of Britain, to strafe tank positions in Stalingrad, or to fly recon missions in the South Pacific. The gem of this game is that you can fly all sorts of planes; you're not just limited to fighters or bombers, something that's been lacking in most combat aviation games. The dive bombers are an absolute DELIGHT. 

When Blake and I part ways, I'll HAVE to get a PS3 just so I can keep playing.
Really, guys. The game's THAT good.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...