Wednesday, June 12, 2013

randomz

On Wednesdays Tiffany and I get the pleasure of having the whole back room to ourselves, just like the good ol' days when I worked Food Prep all the time. I'm pretty close with Tiffany (I call her "Tibbles"), an end result of being stuck in the back with her for six hours a day five days a week for almost a year and a half. Every Wednesday we have what I call (and never to her face) "Tibbles Talks," which is basically just talking about anything and everything to pass the time. We're up to date on each other's lives, she knows the ins and outs of all my girl drama (of which there has been far too much), and she knows all about my Grad School plans for this September. She asked me how that was going, and I told her I've got everything good-to-go except the last few documents, and I told her how I'm nervous about it. "Everyone says I need to get a Master's, but what happens when I dish out twenty three thousand dollars only to find myself in this very same position?" For most open positions for what I'm looking for, there are about 500 applicants. The way to get out of this 2nd grade depression is to get your Master's, we're told; but then everyone does that, and the market's flooded with applicants. To top it all off, by having a Master's degree, I have to get paid more; out of a flood of applicants, some with only Bachelor's degrees, it's far cheaper to just go with the less qualified and thus cheaper applicants. *SIGH* I hate not knowing what to do.

Blake and I are watching an episode of "Justified."
I've never seen this show, but it seems pretty cool.
I'm consuming "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" at the moment.
Halfway through Season Ten, only two more seasons to go!
Yesterday I watched like five episodes. And I had some weird dreams.
That's usually why I stop watching it: I start dreaming about it.
And even though I'm always a "good guy" in these dreams, they're still pretty disturbing. 

A train wrecked right outside our house Monday night. I heard weird popping noises and went out onto the balcony, and beyond the Siemens factory, a telephone tower was rocking back and forth, cables flying everywhere, spitting sparks, and then it crumpled down on itself: a stray boxcar smashed right into it. The downed power lines took out electricity for most of the suburbs north of us, but our electricity remained on. I was surprised: I went in from the balcony expecting everything to be dark and muted. 

I deleted my POF and OKCupid accounts.
Not that I was getting any hits with the whole "want a Christian woman" thing.
Those websites are more like upscale Craigslists sometimes.
It can get tiring, being told you're not tall enough, or muscular enough,
or that you're too Christian for one woman and too secular for another.
I'm just going to think about something else for a while, till it all blows over.

Also: in no way, shape, or form was I mad when I wrote the "Mad Koala" post.
The picture was sent to me from Josh, and the title was unoriginal.
Just saying.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...