Sunday, January 23, 2005

412 2005

Student Revolution was beautiful tonight. Lots of laugh, engaging worship, and Jeff finally spilt the news about 412's future. It is set up like a circuit. Each month, on each Sunday, once a week, there are four gatherings for all those who call 412 home - and those who do not! The first week is Base Camp - having fun, laughing a lot, boozing it up on your own jokes. Just having a good time and getting to know everyone; the first one is make some pizza and watch the superbowl! The second week is Adrenalin - for those who like sports, there's hiking, basketball, football (paintball would be nice this summer, Jeff!!!) and what-not; for those who aren't the sporty types (like me), you can join together and start brainstorming ideas for K2 (there in a sec!). The third week is expedition; it is like a journey to get to know each other and just 'move out.' Go see a movie, go to a soup kitchen, what-have-you. I really like the soup kitchen thing. Ever since Crank's Creek, the whole missions field is like another world to explore! Finally, the fourth week, is K2 - hardcore worship. Worshipping God not just by music, but through other means as well. That's what I am most excited about. I think lots of good things will come out of it and believe Jeff and the sponsors' time has been well-spent (over 100 hours, Jeff told me) in getting this thing on wheels and rolling.

In other news, my day was spent at China Garden with friends (Hank, Ash, Lee, Pat, Chris, Ams, Bryon) and then Pat and Ash and Ams slept at home, Bryon came over and we hung out for a little while (let him fix my internet, it wasn't working, paid him $5). We set-up at Student Rev, spent lots of time laughing and pulling off incredible dance moves, and we're all ready to start the circuit and suit up for the small groups - or 'house churches' as I like to call them - breaking water this week (Jeff and I are teaming up on Tuesdays, Mindy and Shelby on Wednesdays, and Ron and Aisa on Wednesdays, too [Jr. High]).

I know there have been times when it has seemed that I am really frustrated with 412 and on the verge of ducking out. Not in my defense, but in 412's, I declare to you as I have declared to so many other people, 412 is my home and I love it to death. Nothing but death or moving could cut me away from it. 412 is one of the greatest spiritual things that has ever happened to me.

2 comments:

Billings said...

Ok so I just stumbbled across your blog by pure accident but I have to say from what I have seen you rock! Studying youth ministry is the freakin' bomb! Keep serving the Lord and you'll never fail! Maybe talk to you some time, peace out 5000.

Rochelle said...

I'm glad you liked Jeff's announcement for 412 I really think your relationships and worship time will be more intense Change is good I feel blessed to be one of the sponsors

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...