Friday, January 14, 2005

dreams

I dream of a simple life. I want to be a youth minister, working at a small church, encouraging those 'under my wing' to become disciples of Jesus and experience the real life he offers. I want to have an awesome wife who I love more than I've loved anyone before, and who loves me more than she's loved anyone before. I want two wonderful kids, a boy and a girl. I want my relationship with my wife to be a relationship with a real person, not about all the sex and making out as most people seem to look at it. All that, I think, isn't as great as just someone to talk to, someone to live life with, someone to go on walks with, to share in a candlelit dinner, to lay in bed at night and stare at the stars and just talk about life with. I want to go to parties and barbecues and retreats with all my friends and family. I want to see my kids grow into adults and bud families of their own. I want to grow old with my wife, and spend the years after my retirement fishing, swimming, walking through the woods, watching the sunrise and sunset, enjoying each new day, each new season, fresh and alive. A simple life, a life of love and romance, a life of laughter and joy. This is the life I desire. I believe that if this were prophetic, I would die a very happy man.

I can't help but remember the words of the psalmist: "Delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart."

What are your dreams? It is a question we all must ask.

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

Anthony
Those are wonderful dreams Hopefully someday they will become a reality for you Trust God in leading you to that right person You'll know when it's right You'll know in your heart Your parents are a good example of your dream becoming a reality
I agree with you on the simple life part No big houses, no fancy cars, high stress jobs I feel blessed to have lived the first part of your dream( even the boy and girl :) and am looking forward to the retirement part with my best friend

Katherine Fuller said...

I have no idea who you are but I am glad I found your blog. I am moved, especially as an 18 year old struggling with understanding my faith and spirituality and questions of religion. Keep writing.

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...