Monday, January 10, 2005

So far my day has been spent talking to people online, visiting www.theooze.com, and reading the Word on the Street. I am very excited about this week. Not only do I have 3 hours of total schooltime in the next week, I don't have to get up early AT ALL, and I've been given lots of time to read and write; as I am writing, I just finished chapter 18 of 36 Hours, so only 18 to go!

This is by far the biggest piece of work I've ever set my mind down to. When I finish it, I will truly celebrate with a trip to Fudd-Ruckers or something of that holy nature. I have been in the writing process ever since April 23, 2004. I hope to finish it in under a year. My passion for it is an off-and-on kind of thing, so who knows? Sometimes I'll whop out three chapters in two days, then spend three weeks without touching it. I am so indecisive.

I have finished all the Emergent YS books Mike has let me borrowed, and am taking a break from Emergent YS for now. I have some Dallas Willard to explore, as well as my current, the Word on the Street. Check it out. It is very beautiful, and very controversial. I have also been writing, responding, conversing at The Ooze. After reading Spencer Burke's book, Making Sense of Church, I joined, and have several topics rolling. It is very cool.

Right now my heart is on the victims of the tsunami. Last night I was thinking about how I never really sat down and just prayed for all those suffering the effects of our geologically wild planet. Since I'm not really experiencing it, it doesn't really mean a lot to me. But I wondered how I would feel if Springboro, Ohio were to get flooded with forty feet of water, all of my family and friends either dead or disconnected, to hear that Christians other places weren't even praying. So I started praying. Lift them up sometime.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AJ,

i would love to see some of your writings... let me know when you are done and i will paypal you the $ for the burger, you have a great heart.

spencer burke
www.theooze.com

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...