Sunday, January 09, 2005

My eventful weekend

I spent Friday burning incense, listening to music, and contemplating life. I missed out on 412's run to see a movie, but with no dollars in my pocket, there's no way around that. So instead Ams and I went over to Ashlie's house where we watched a movie called Donnie Darko - it was really good, and for me, emotionally disturbing. I had a hard time sleeping, and Saturday I wrestled with thoughts of my own life stemming from one of the scenes.

Karen let me off work an hour early. Lee and I laughed and joked around, until Lee left with Bryon for some Chick-fil-a. I just wanted to go home and relax. Through a weird twist and turn of events, I ended up at Ashlie's again, watching Shaun of the Dead. Pretty funny stuff. I munched on some fiber popcorn and a pop-tart, my exquisite dinner. Her mom made beer bread and it tasted so good.

I experienced God during worship this morning, then my friend and I excavated some discounted China Cottage in Centerville. We built airplane and helicopter models at home, browsed 1/2 Price and Borders, and he let me have two burnt copies of Charlie Mars. Now Ams and I are about to go over to Ashlie's for another movie, Fight Club. She has a big screen, in case you were wondering.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...