Sunday, September 21, 2008

do not haunt, dream ruiner!

Oh, the dreams we have...

My dreams for my life:

1. Become a bush pilot in Alaska. Fly a Cessna Amphibious Caravan between outlandish rural communities, delivering food and medicines and basic necessities, while spending time to cultivate relationships and advance the gospel.

2. Plant a church in Australia. Koala bears. Kangaroos. The beach. And living on an island (though a big one). It sounds like paradise. I'd like to work on a team to plant a church that connects with people who are sick and tired of Christendom but searching for something more in life.

3. Start a monastery. I've always been fascinated by the monastic lifestyle. Why not start my own 21st-Century Protestant monastery? It would be quite the adventure.

The question: "Which one do I want to pursue? Or do I pursue them all?" Answer: "Why settle for one when you can settle for all three?"

So here's my plan: Go to Alaska, buy a plot of land, dig up a lot of soil, and ship it to Australia. In Australia, buy a plot of land, cover it with the dirt from Alaska, and become a pilot to deliver food and supplies to scattered Australian outback settlements. In the meantime, I can start a monastery and then start a church plant WITHIN the monastery.

It sounds simple enough. I'm going for it.

(And if that doesn't work, I can always settle for living in Alaska. I'll have a koala bear shipped to me via UPS or Fed-Ex, and I'll have a greenhouse where I can grow eucalyptus plants to feed my koala bear).

P.S. There is some creature living in the school's drainage sewers. Don't go near them at night. P.S.S. You've been forewarned.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...