Monday, September 08, 2008

zombie dreams (3)

Zombie Dream #1. There were several of us holed up in a building complex, and we used gates to keep the zombies outside. There was a large courtyard surrounded by buildings, and the gates faced outwards from the courtyard, into the street. A zombie broke through one of the gates and attacked me, for I had been walking by aimlessly. I quickly killed the zombie, driving a knife through its eye, but it had bitten me. Everyone knows that being bitten by a zombie is a death-sentence. I began to feel the changes taking place, and I begged the people within the complex to kill me. No one would do it. I grabbed a gun and began pacing back and forth in the courtyard, hands shaking. That’s when I woke up.

Zombie Dream #2. This dream took place in a YMCA. I was on a special team that would be dispatched to eradicate zombies, and we received word that a zombie had been spotted inside a YMCA. We quickly loaded onto the Chinook helicopter and took off, landing atop of the YMCA. We descended into the building to find people pressing their faces against the glass windows of the weight-room. Inside, a zombie was pacing back and forth, in the shadows, searching. We pushed the people away and opened the doors, and I was sent in. There were shadows everywhere, so I couldn’t see very well. The zombie attacked from the darkness, knocking the weapon out of my hand; it scurried into the shadows once more. I grabbed a pair of weights from a shelf along the wall and moved towards the zombie, which was now facing away from me, licking its hands. I crept up behind the zombie, and with a weight in each hand, I swung them against its skull. I vividly remember how the zombie’s skull broke open and blood poured over me like water. Its body collapsed, and I exited the weight-room. People were repulsed at the blood that covered me.

Zombie Dream #3. I woke up in the morning, after a night of fitful sleep, only to find that no one was home. I went to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee, and I saw someone walk past the kitchen window. I thought it was Dad doing yard-work again, so I opened the back door to see what he was doing. I didn’t recognize the man, and he threw himself at me. He grabbed my neck, and I fought away from him, running back to the house and locking the door behind me. Through the living room window, I saw zombies coming into our yard from the road, heading straight for the house. It was then that I heard my little sister screaming from the back door; I ran to let her in, but the unknown man had gotten her, and I turned away for fear of seeing her body being ripped apart. The living room windows shattered, and zombies began climbing inside the house. I rushed into my bedroom and slammed the door. They threw themselves against the door, and it began to splinter, eventually falling apart. I grabbed one of the replica swords hanging on the wall and prepared to defend myself. Then I woke up.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...