Thursday, September 11, 2008

the swearing bird, et al.

Lindsey: “Dr. Faust [the president of my school, Cincinnati Christian University] is staying at my house this weekend, and we have a talking bird that is saying, ‘You have to be shitting me!’ The bird learned it from the construction workers who had been working on our house. My mom is so embarrassed, she thinks my dad is going to get kicked off the board of trustees.” 

Me: “Ha! That’s hilarious!”

Lindsey: “Yup. I egg it on by saying, ‘You have to be shitting me’ in daily vocabulary, so he’ll say it more often.”

Me: “That’s so cool. I’m definitely writing a blog post about that.”

Lindsey: “Oh, and our dogs have been sick all week. My mom and dad took them to the vet. $200.00 to find out they have stress-induced diarrhea because of all the construction workers putting in windows and what-not.”

Me: “That’s going in my blog, too.”

Lindsey: “Man, nothing must be going on in your life. You know, you should just stop writing books about zombies. I have great material.”

On the topic of books and zombies, I have retired the downloadable version of Book Two. The reason is one-fold: I am rewriting some of the material. If you’re such an adamant fan of mine (which I doubt) that you downloaded Book Two (which I doubt), I highly recommend deleting it and waiting for the next edition (which you most likely couldn’t care less about). Ultimately, you may want to skimp on downloading Book One or Book Two. Both will be edited and revised and polished before the actual publication and availability through Amazon.com (hopefully by the end of December or beginning of January).

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...