Friday, April 10, 2009

this is my life

Yesterday I went to the firehouse in TurtleCreek to visit my friend Chris. He is on call with the EMS until 4:00 today. He took me inside, showed me around, and we made coffee in the kitchen. We then sat in the back of Squad One and drank coffee and chatted for a while. Chris said, “Where has the time gone?” I can still remember when we would get on our bikes and bike across town, meeting up in North Park, spending the entire day there. Such good times. Now he’s a firefighter, I’m spending my days in Cincinnati. It was good to catch up.

Today I am going down to Cincinnati to hang out with my friend Mandy. We are going out for Thai food and then going to Newport to get coffee. Afterwards, I am signing the lease on a house that three friends and I are leasing. The house is a few-minute walk from school, which is very nice. I am still job-hunting for the summer, but we have the first three months’ rent covered, which is nice. I am excited about living off-campus and having my own place.

My car is being ridiculous, shaking and shuddering whenever I hit 30 mph or anything about 55 mph. My car always chooses the most inopportune times to malfunction. I hope to get it into the shop tomorrow. I am borrowing Mom’s car today for the run down to Cincinnati.

Last night I dreamed that I ran over a kid in my car. The kid’s body broke apart and his dismembered limbs were stuck to my tire. I woke up screaming and couldn’t get back to sleep for the longest time. Ugh. I hate dreams like that. I can handle zombie dreams and be perfectly happy, but when real-life dreams strike, I’m a sucker for panicking.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...