Tuesday, April 28, 2009

stressing out much?

We were supposed to move into the house on May 1st, but there have been some problems, and so our move-in date has been postponed. This sucks for several reasons. First, May 1st is the only day that we can move stuff from Dayton down to Cincinnati; so the postponed move-in date, even if by a mere 24 hours, means that we’ll start paying rent without actually being able to move in with our stuff. Also, this means that I will maybe have to stay in the dormitory for another week—which sucks because I’ve packed everything up, including clothes, and would have to unpack and such of that nature. Also, we have furniture that can come only on Sunday, which means if we can’t move in yet, then we’ll have to wait about a month to get that furniture. Basically, we oriented everything around the move-in date of May 1st, and now that it’s falling through, we have to reorient everything and formulate new plans. But such is life.

 

I’m also irritated that out of the three people moving in, I’m the only one getting things together. I’m the only one signing the lease, I’m the only one making the phone calls for utilities, I’m the only one getting yelled at when things aren’t working out right. If everyone is paying the same amount of rent, doesn’t it make sense that responsibilities should be divided? I’m stressing out over both these facts (the move-in date being postponed and all the difficulties because of it, coupled with the whole weight of the ordeal being placed upon my shoulders), and I’m also stressing because one of the roommates is being shady regarding rent payments in the future, and another hasn’t even gotten a job yet, and we need to have $650 by May 31st. I’m afraid that, since I’m the only one with a steady income, I’ll be paying the bills for the next month all on my own—which is already stressful because I’ve lost $600 due to a twist of misfortune.

 

I told Mandy I was stressing out about all this, and she reminded me that everything would be okay, that God would take care of everything, that He would provide for us. Our God is named El-Shaddai, the God who is sufficient and who provides for His people. Today I’m going to talk to the landlord and get the full scoop. I’m going to try to talk him into letting us move in, at the least, on Saturday. Saturday we’d be able to get all our things in except for the fact that my dad is in a race Saturday (he races every weekend), so he wouldn’t be able to help (apparently races are more important than moving). 

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...