Friday, December 04, 2009

a photo-taking freak

Yesterday was a good day. After work Jessie and I went to Thai Taste, a hole-in-the-wall Thai restaurant that is quite reputable, according to several awards they've won and also according to Sa-Rah, my friend from Thailand who absolutely loves the place. Jessie and I shared crab rangoon, and she had pineapple fried rice as her entree, and I dug into a delicious spider roll (made with whole soft shell crab, well worth the $15 price-tag). We shared lots of good conversation, and we talked about a boy who likes her, and we talked about school and the past and the future, and we're sad we don't see each other anymore, but we're both very busy and so it's understandable. Here is a picture of the sushi I got:


Later in the evening, Sarah and I went to a place called The Latin Quarter in Mariemont. The website made it sound like a bar, but when we got there we discovered it was an elegant restaurant with wine costing up to $130 a glass. Everyone was dressed up, and we felt awfully out-of-place. She ordered a beer and, torn between either a two-shot bourbon or a martini, I decided to get a martini (I do love bourbon, but I'd never had a martini). I hadn't expected it to be so strong, and so Sarah had to drive us back home. We made lots of jokes and skirted awkward conversations about me liking her and her not liking me back, and it was a good night. Here is a picture of me smiling behind my martini:


I have been a picture-taking fanatic lately. Over the past two days I've taken 120 pictures. I don't know why. Most of them are absolutely ridiculous (such as the ones in the last post). I think it has to do with the fact that I love documenting my life, and pictures capture things my journals cannot.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...