Monday, December 14, 2009

the lehman house [33]

Monday. I spent the day (a) running errands and (b) working on papers and taking exams on campus. While in President’s Hall I ran into Maggie M., whom I’ve talked to online here-and-there, and we had an awkward talk and she gave me her number. “Call me.” Sarah’s friend Amanda S. came over, and we went to a bible study in Coleraine. There were close to thirty, maybe forty people there, and we crowded in a room and talked about God, but then things got really awkward when we went forward in a “time of silent prayer.” Mind you we’re all crowded together like sardines in a can, and also mind you Sarah and I are sitting beside one another. We both knew what one another was thinking, and we both wanted to laugh so hard; she made a weird sound and I had to jump up and bolt to the bathroom to avoid belching into laughter in the middle of like forty meditating people. I went outside and then Sarah joined me, and we decided to just go ahead and leave. Thankfully Amanda S. had a different ride home.

Tuesday. Maggie and I talked last night, and we’re planning on hanging out soon. I spent the day writing at school and felt lethargic all evening. Sarah came home around 8:00 and we watched “Terminator: Salvation.” I’m realizing Ams isn’t cropping up much these days: between work, school, and Chris’ house, she’s hardly seen anymore, except in passing. It makes me miss having her around.

Wednesday. Maggie came in while I was working in the Hilltop, and she said she really likes dinosaurs and wants to have life-size ones at her wedding. Sarah and I watched the new Star Trek movie. Fantastic. Ams was actually home tonight: she may be breaking up with Chris; he’s been doing lots of “fraternizing” lately and doesn’t give a damn about Ams. “I told you to break up with him a LONG time ago,” I told her.

Thursday. Most students have left campus for Christmas Break, so at work we basically just cleaned and stuff, goofed off. Jessie came over for a little bit to see me before she heads home to Illinois tomorrow. I met Brian W. in the library and we did our BLT final, which means I’m OFFICIALLY done with all my college work. Now I just sit back and wait for the diploma. Mandy told me, “Sarah just needs to date you, she’s so fucking stupid! You two get along so freaking well, better than most married couples!” I ran into Dyke on campus, and he told me we should go out sometime, and that I can do “my thing”, i.e. smoke.

Friday. I drank some Venezuelan coffee Deshay gave me last summer. It’s fantastic. Karen gave me a bunch of food from the Hilltop. Dylan came over around 5:00. We went to Target to get Ams’ Christmas gifts. Tyler joined us later in the evening, and at 9:30 we went to Newport. Parking was awful. We had to park a few blocks down from the AMC. We saw “Avatar” in IMAX 3D, and it was breathtaking! When I got home I talked to Sarah a bit in her room, and then Tyler crashed on the couch and Dylan passed out on the spare mattress beside my bed.

Saturday. An inch of snow fell overnight. Dylan and Tyler left around noon, and I headed to Tri-Health for my Greek pizza and Greek pasta. When Sarah got off work we finished our Christmas shopping, and Chris and Ams are on the brink of breaking up. I spent the day watching Christmas movies on TV. I’m supposed to hang out with Maggie tomorrow night, but I haven’t heard from her in two days, so maybe she flaked out? If so, I save money!


Sunday. We did our “House Christmas” this morning. Sarah made Ams and me stockings into which she put our presents. Ams got Gilmore Girls: Season 7, panties, and a framed photo of the two of us. Sarah got a coffee mug, drink coasters with pictures inside, some photos of her and her grandpa, and “The Hangover.” I got the first two seasons of “Arrested Development,” a pack of cigarettes, the movie “Ace Ventura”, and some coffee and Bailey’s Irish Cream. Sarah and I grabbed Chipotle for lunch before she headed to see her grandpa. I got ready for a night hanging out with Maggie and her two sisters, Dacy and Shay. We went to The Blind Lemon, and her friend Ashley joined us there. I had two shots of great Belevedere vodka; Maggie had two beers and two mixed drinks. She got drunk and kept touching my arm and leg, being really flirtatious. We were euphoric by the time we left, and when we were in the car, she was all up on me. She whispered in my ear, “Let’s drop them off and go back to your place,” to which I replied, “The radio’s too loud, I can’t hear you.” She said it again, but I feigned ignorance. Her sisters were giving me death glares the whole time. We went out to eat at Steak-&-Shake, then back to her place to play “Clue.” She sobered up and she drove me back to my house. She kept making hints that she wanted to spend the night, and I kept playing dumb. Once we parted, she said, “I definitely had fun and enjoyed every minute of tonight. We should do it again.”

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...