Tuesday, January 21, 2014

#nostalgia

I've been reading through my old journals from 2009, reliving all the memories from when Mandy and I first started getting to know one another, when I first started realizing how special and unique she was, when I first admitted to myself (and it was a big deal) that I did like her and did want to be with her. The nostalgia's made only better by knowing that I am with her, and I love it, and I'm thankful for our story, even for all its rocky moments, because it makes a good story. It isn't boring, and who wants boring? All that aside, I came across some Christmas gifts I made for Jessie, Deshay, and Faikham way back in the day. Jessie told me she still has hers, it's framed in her bedroom. "I also have a barnacle, a plastic pumpkin, and a stuffed koala--all things you've given me." I'm not exactly great at mementos, but I think "Jessie the Warrior Princess and her Beast" tops the list.


1 comment:

Jessie said...

love you!!!

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...