I've been reading through my old journals from 2009, reliving all the memories from when Mandy and I first started getting to know one another, when I first started realizing how special and unique she was, when I first admitted to myself (and it was a big deal) that I did like her and did want to be with her. The nostalgia's made only better by knowing that I am with her, and I love it, and I'm thankful for our story, even for all its rocky moments, because it makes a good story. It isn't boring, and who wants boring? All that aside, I came across some Christmas gifts I made for Jessie, Deshay, and Faikham way back in the day. Jessie told me she still has hers, it's framed in her bedroom. "I also have a barnacle, a plastic pumpkin, and a stuffed koala--all things you've given me." I'm not exactly great at mementos, but I think "Jessie the Warrior Princess and her Beast" tops the list.
Tuesday, January 21, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Children's Westminster Catechism: Question 4
Question: How can you glorify God? Answer: By loving him and doing what he commands. We saw in Question 3 of the Children's Catechism th...
-
Over the last couple of days, I've been listening to Straylight Run and wondering, "What is sin?" Straylight Run is not rela...
-
I didn't go to Southwest Church today; instead, I took my Bible and drove to Clearcreek Park half a mile down the road from K-Mart. I re...
-
I have kept a daily journal since 1999. What you see here is my proud collection, each journal holding on its pages the excitement and t...

1 comment:
love you!!!
Post a Comment