Saturday, January 11, 2014

#picswithfranz

she makes me look good

This past week has been PHENOMENAL. I never expected at the turn of 2014 that things would pan out the way they have, and I'm so thankful for this beautiful surprise. The Wisconsinite rolled into town Thursday, and we got dinner with Eric and Tiffany and the infamous tiblets, and we walked around Fountain Square and had ice cream at Graeter's and treated ourselves to coffee at Tazza Mia. Friday night we went to a comedy club to see one of her friends perform, and today I got to meet lots of her friends from the area at a 1-year-old's birthday party. Tomorrow we're going to go to Crossroads together (and IHOP after! love breakfast food), and Monday we'll have almost the entire day together. She's my best friend, and more, and it's so great to have her here, in person, sharing life with me, even if it's only for a little while. I was honestly nervous about what it would be like, but all nervousness has been torn asunder, and I'm just so unbelievably comfortable being myself around her, it's really refreshing. It'll be sad to see her head back north next week, but I'm so eternally thankful for this time we've had together. Yes, 2014 is off to an AMAZING start.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...