Wednesday, January 15, 2014

an end & a beginning


I really didn't expect any of this to happen, but you won't find a single complaint in my bones. Mandy and I hung out all day after Crossroads Sunday, and on Monday I enlightened her senses with Dusmesh Indian buffet. We walked around Northside, got coffee at Sidewinder, and perused Shake It Records. One of our first "dates" (it wasn't really a date, though I wanted it to be) involved Shake It Records, and I couldn't help but kiss her in the shop, the memories flooding over me like a tidal wave. On Tuesday we did dinner with Cameron and Cheryl, and this afternoon we got a little time together at Starbucks before I dropped her off downtown for the bus ride to Chicago. It was a sorrowful goodbye to be sure, but it's a good goodbye in the sense that we'll be seeing each other relatively soon (at least relative to how often we've gotten to see one another face-to-face as of late). 

When I left Wisconsin in 2011, my intuition told me things weren't quite right. As I watched her get on that bus this evening, my intuition told me everything was quite right. I'm so stoked to see what the future holds for us, and I truly believe a new chapter is unfolding in both of our lives. 

It's been a bumpy road, from me letting her borrow The Office: Season 3 in 2008 to soy milk coffees in Romans class in 2009 and all the ups-and-downs since, but I wouldn't trade it in for anything with anyone else. Our story is a good one, a quirky and eventful one. Those are the best kinds of stories, and this story isn't over. I'm so thankful for that, and I'm so thankful for her. I thank God for you always when I remember you in my prayers. #truestory

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...