Sunday, January 12, 2014

1.12.14

She's the cute one. I'm the lucky one.

It's official: the Wisconsinite and I are together.
Boyfriend and Girlfriend.
She's mine, and I am hers.
For five years I've wanted her far more than anyone.
My hands shook as I pulled her close.
She said "Yes" as I said "Please."
It's so simple, really. And it means so much.

Does anybody remember back when you were very young?
Did you ever think that you would be this blessed?
Nobody plans to be half a world away at times like these,
so I sat alone and waited out the night.
So I'm asking you to shine it on and stick around,
I'm not writing my goodbyes.

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...