Saturday, March 29, 2014

from Blue Ash (IV)

How do YOU spend your mornings?

I officially have no life. Between Tazza Mia and Walk of Joy I'm working around 70 hours a week, give or take, and though it's indeed exhausting (not having scheduled days off except when shifts randomly cancel, and working 14-16 hour days multiple times a week), I'm energized knowing that I'll be able to put around $1000 away every month for my move to Wisconsin. I prayed that God would bring me more hours, and He answered that prayer, and I'm ever thankful for that. The grapevine tells us that the coffee shop will close sometime in mid-April to the beginning of May, but Brandon hinted that it may be open through the end of summer. I wouldn't mind that at all; indeed, it would be perfect!

I'm writing this in the dining room alone.
Every couple minutes, the sound of gushing water comes from the kitchen.
Every time I look over, the sound stops.
It's really starting to freak me out.
Do I believe in ghosts? I'm not sure.
But I do believe in demons. And they terrify me.
I'm pretty sure screwing with the faucets is something they do.
Note to self: never watch The Amityville Horror EVER AGAIN.
I saw that movie back in college in 2005. It still horrifies me.

Despite not having a life, I try to make time to see my friends. Amanda's at the top of the list, and I try to see her at least once a week (which is more than I see anyone else). I got to see John and Brandy earlier this week, and we had lots of good talks about my life with the Wisconsinite, about how I'm moving up there and we're going to get engaged and then (you guessed it!) married, and Brandy said, "I know you guys have been officially dating for only, like, two months, but it's not weird for me to think about you guys getting married, and it doesn't concern me, because I've known about Mandy and your love for her so for long, that it makes sense and I'm really excited for you!" Do I concur? Yes, yes I do.

I'm tired and itching to read more of Wilderness Empire.
So here's a picture to keep you satiated:

it's a whale photobomb!

#ttfn
#tigger

No comments:

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...