The last book I read in the Allan Eckert's Winning of America series ended with the defeat of the French and their native American allies in the French & Indian War. The Conquerors begins right after the fall of Montreal. Now under English jurisdiction, and chafing under English policies that treated the native Americans without dignity or honor, native Americans rose up and struck at English forts throughout the wilderness. Every fort west of Fort Pitt (modern day Pittsburgh) fell, with the exception of Fort Detroit. This Indian rebellion, known as "Pontiac's Rebellion," couldn't last, and the end of Pontiac's Rebellion signaled the end of native American resistance, though the end would come slow and with much blood spilled.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Children's Westminster Catechism: Question 4
Question: How can you glorify God? Answer: By loving him and doing what he commands. We saw in Question 3 of the Children's Catechism th...
-
Over the last couple of days, I've been listening to Straylight Run and wondering, "What is sin?" Straylight Run is not rela...
-
During Crank's Creek, Jimmy, Jeff and I were sitting in the eating area as the sun was going down beyond the mountains, and Jeff asked m...
-
Dad and I went to Borders late last night (I picked up St. Augustine's Confessions, what a great book!). On the way back, Dad asked, ...

No comments:
Post a Comment