Wednesday, July 13, 2005

"I half- long for and half-fear the heartbroken innocence I once had. There's a prayer, and I don't know who said it first, but it goes, 'Let my heart be broken with the things that break the heart of God.' For my heart to be broken this way, I've got to somehow go back to a time before I figured out what the "real world" is like." - from The Ooze
Something just resonated within me when I read this statement. If we stand away from the world as we know it and look with fresh eyes, seeking the heart of God to become our heart as well, what will we discover? Will we enjoy the same things, will we not care about the same things, will we be as flippant and careless as we are, will we laugh so much at others or be so complacent in our own lives? Will our hearts convict us or approve us? Will we find our smiles filled with God or with the world? Will we find that we truly are intimate with God--or will we find we are living a lie?

3 comments:

Dylan said...

Sorry I just dont get it?

darker than silence said...

That's okay :-)

Perhaps it is just an Anthony-ism

Adam said...

The founder of World Vision is the first one to be attributed that quote.

It's something that each of us should start out our days with - asking God to break our hearts with what breaks His.

Thanks for the post - and the reminder!

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...