Saturday, July 30, 2005

It would be fun to live in the Appalachian Mountains away from the big cities. To live up on the forested slopes, where there are bears and wild animals, snakes and all kinds of beautiful wildlife. At night I could lay in my bed and listen to the coyotes howling and the insects singing. I could maybe even lay out on my roof, look at the thousands of stars stretched over the rolling silhouettes of mountains, see the moon so close, and feel the kiss of God upon me. Maybe I could have a small garden to work on, and be a teacher at the local school. A small house, a simple existence. Spend my free days alone with God or in the company of friends and family, reading and writing and working outdoors. Helping out those who need the help. It would be wonderful. My heart breaks for the simple and pristine life in the Appalachian Mountains, and I believe it is a snapshot--even if ever so brief--of our home in Heaven.

3 comments:

Dylan said...

That sounds good for a little getaway dude, But I wouldn't want to live there...it's so exciting in the city.

Adam said...

What's interesting is that I think of where we live as a small town - but that's because I just came from Phoenix, which is the fifth largest city in the U.S.

I guess it's all a matter of perspective...

Rochelle said...

It sounds nice but not permanently I would miss people and I definitely don't want the snakes and bears but it would be nice to have someplace like that to retreat to when you need to"fill back up"

where we're headed

Over the last several years, we've undergone a shift in how we operate as a family. We're coming to what we hope is a better underst...